I was on a real non-fiction bender the last few months! Here’s what I read in May:
- A False Report (audio) … T. Miller Christian and Ken Armstrong, read by authors
- The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs (audio) … Stephen Brusatte, read by P. Lawlor
- Dead People Suck (ebook) … Laurie Kilmartin
- Mozart’s Starling (audio) … Lyanda Lynn Haupt, read by Linda Henning
- The Recovering (ebook/audio) … Leslie Jamison, read by author
- Everything is Horrible and Wonderful (ebook) … Stephanie Wittels Wachs
- The Art of the Con (audio) … Anthony M. Amore, read by Michael Johnson
My favorites were The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs (perfect to get me pumped for Jurassic World 2) and Everything is Horrible and Wonderful, about life and death of the brilliant tv/comedy writer Harris Wittels. I ugly cried reading that one—you can read my thoughts on the linked title above. Looking back I can see I was pretty terrible about reading any paper books: it’s all audio and ebook! But I’m proud of myself for reading two ebooks. I’m pretty terrible with that medium.
June recap coming soon, as well as more detailed thoughts on all these books!