I had a great month of reading, a couple of perfect summer reads, a couple of re-reads, some action-adventure, some darkness, some hope.
- We Are Water (book, audiobook)… Wally Lamb, read by various
- I Am Malala (Young Readers Ed.)… Malala Yousafzai w. Patricia McCormick
- Jurassic Park … Michael Crichton
- America: The Audiobook (audiobook) … Jon Stewart, et al, read by various
- Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. … (audiobook) … Rob Delaney, read by author
- An Untamed State … Roxane Gay
- The Long Walk … Stephen King as Richard Bachman
I enjoyed all of these books, and they were so varied in tone and subject matter it’s hard to pick a favorite. Maybe I’ll say An Untamed State by a hair. America: The Audiobook and Rob Delaney‘s memoir were perfect for our road trip a few weeks ago. We Are Water was an indulgent family drama for me, and The Long Walk and Jurassic Park were great for high summer. I hardly ever re-read but this month I had two: the Delaney and Jurassic Park.
The Long Walk was my 50th book read in 2015! I didn’t exactly expect to hit that milestone this early, we still have a quarter of the year to go. My 50 Book Pledge shelf says I’m on pace for 75 total in 2015. I have a couple chunksters in the queue so I likely won’t make it more than maybe 60… we’ll see! I’d be happy with any number, really 🙂
What did you read in August? What are you looking forward to next?