Happy new year! I had a great month of reading in December, probably the best I’ve had all year:
- The Girl with All the Gifts (audio) … M.R. Carey, read by Finty Williams
- The End of Your Life Book Club … Will Schwalbe
- Letter to My Daughter (audio) … Maya Angelou, read by author
- Everything I Never Told You … Celeste Ng
- We Should All Be Feminists (ebook)… Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Shovel Ready (audio) … Adam Sternbergh, read by Arthur Morey
- Citizen: An American Lyric … Claudia Rankine
- The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil … Stephen Collins
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane (audio) … Neil Gaiman, read by author
So that’s four audiobooks, four paper books, one ebook for format. Five fiction, four non-fiction. One graphic novel, one poetry collection. Two memoirs. Family drama, post-apocalypses, magical fantasy, race and gender issues. Granted, some of these books are rather short, and audiobooks and graphic novels can be faster reads than other formats for me, but phew, what a month!
I’m having trouble picking favorites from these, but I especially enjoyed Everything I Never Told You and The Girl with All the Gifts for fiction, and We Should All Be Feminists and Citizen: An American Lyric for non-fiction. The links on the titles above will take you to my reviews here on the blog.
What was your favorite book you read in December? Stay tuned for my 2014 year-in-reading wrap-up post soon!