Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a fun way to get yourself thinking and sharing about books and bookish things.
September 16: Top ten read-once authors
This week’s topic is authors from whom you’ve only read one book, but would like to read more of their work. This was tougher than I expected! Some of the authors I had in mind for this list only have one book published, so I tried to keep it to those who have more out. In no alphabetical order by last name:
- Maya Angelou (right?!? read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings)
- Emma Donoghue (read Room)
- Herman Koch (read The Dinner, just got Summer House with Swimming Pool)
- Rohinton Mistry (read A Fine Balance, have a copy of Family Matters)
- Toni Morrison (right again!?? read Beloved)
- Jojo Moyes (read Me Before You, The Girl You Left Behind ebook is on my iPad!)
- Haruki Murakami (read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, have Kafka on the Shore)
- Richard Preston (read The Hot Zone)
- Amy Tan (read The Joy Luck Club)
- Jeff VanderMeer (read Annihilation, would love to finish the trilogy!)
Honorable mentions (with book I read): Colm Tóibín (Brooklyn), Kazuo Ishiguro (Never Let Me Go), Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner), Alice Munro (Dear Life: Stories), Jess Walter (Beautiful Ruins), Meg Wolitzer (The Interestings), Sarah Vowell (Assassination Vacation)
What authors would be on your list?