Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a fun way to get yourself thinking and sharing about books and bookish things.
August 26: Top ten books I want to read but don’t own yet
Ah, an age-old reader problem. I’m trying to be a lot better about using the library, but here’s my list of ten books I’m dying to read but haven’t gotten my hands on yet, one way or another. In no particular order:
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Capone: The Man and the Era by Laurence Bergreen
- Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
- Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken
- Authority and Acceptance by Jeff VanderMeer (a two-fer!)
- Alone: The Classic Polar Adventure by Richard E. Byrd
- The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang
And then a few more recent releases I keep gravitating to at the store but haven’t picked up a copy yet: Orfeo by Richard Powers, Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward, and The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey.
What are some books you really want to read but don’t own yet (or, haven’t borrowed from the library yet)?