Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a fun way to get yourself thinking and sharing about books and bookish things.
June 17: Top ten books on my summer 2014 TBR list
Again, I have been awful on my seasonal TBR lists. 4/10 (summer 2013), 6/11 (fall 2013), 4/10 (winter 2013), and 2/10 (spring 2014). And when I wrote out my list this morning, most of those I picked were already on one of these other lists! Maybe this summer is when I’ll finally hunker down and get to these books! In no particular order:
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (finish)
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- The Unwinding by George Packer
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
- Columbine by Dave Cullen
- Driven by Donald Driver
- Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink
- The Son by Philipp Meyer
- Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry
- An ebook on my iPad… maybe The Goldfinch or We Need New Names
Of course only one of these is on my challenge lists this year, and then there are the July and August books for my library’s book group: Guns, Germs and Steel (Diamond) and The Botany of Desire (Pollan). What’s at the top of your reading list this summer?