Happy holidays! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a fun way to get yourself thinking and sharing about books and bookish things.
December 24: Top ten books I wouldn’t mind Santa bringing me
I do celebrate Christmas so I have a few titles in mind! In no particular order:
1. We Are Water … Wally Lamb
I have read almost all of Lamb’s novels, and I’d love to read this new one, too.
2. Behind the Beautiful Forevers … Katherine Boo
I’ve read great reviews, and the area and history of India piques my curiosity ever since I read A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry last year.
3. When Pride Still Mattered … David Maraniss
I just got a copy of this from the library for the book group I’m in there, but I have a feeling I’ll be happy to own a copy in my collection!
4. We Need to Talk About Kevin … Lionel Shriver
I have been wanting to read this one for years and can’t quite bring myself to just go get it!
5. The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America … George Packer
I am so interested in reading this book—especially since it’s focused on what’s happening the United States in my lifetime.
6. Hyperbole and a Half … Allie Brosh
Just funny. I always enjoyed reading her blog.
7. Men We Reaped … Jesmyn Ward
Amazing reviews… I’d love to read this one.
8. Flight Behavior … Barbara Kingsolver
I need to read more Kingsolver! I’ve read a little, and I have more on my TBR.
9. Tell the Wolves I’m Home … Carol Rifka Brunt
Again, people have loved this book and I’m intrigued.
10. The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison … Pete Earley
Same deal as #4 above—I also am interested since it’s sort of local history for me too (Kansas City is only about 35 miles from the city of Leavenworth).
BONUS: Helter Skelter … Bugliosi/Gentry
Same deal as #4 and #10 above…
BONUS 2: Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage. … Rob Delaney
I just wouldn’t mind a few more humor reads in 2014, I guess!
What books would you like to receive as gifts this season?