Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a fun way to get yourself thinking and sharing about books and bookish things.
December 17: Top ten new-to-me authors I read in 2013
I read lots of new authors every year—almost everything I read is by a new author to me! Only a few authors have stayed with me that I’ve read more of: Margaret Atwood, Jon Krakauer, etc. But, for 2013 these are the top new authors to me in my reading this year. In no particular order:
- Jojo Moyes (Me Before You)
- Cheryl Strayed (Wild)
- Richard Preston (The Hot Zone)
- Teddy Wayne (The Love Song of Jonny Valentine)
- David Benioff (City of Thieves)
- Meg Wolitzer (The Interestings)
- Herman Koch (The Dinner)
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón (The Shadow of the Wind)
- Lionel Shriver (Big Brother)
- Alissa Nutting (Tampa)
What new authors did you “discover” this year?