Let’s face it, I haven’t had the best summer. Well, I’ve had great moments, but overall, not my most favorite summer ever. Moving and missing my husband for eight weeks really brought me down. But I have one more good moment to add to my road trips to Colorado and Wisconsin, meeting my bestie’s newborn son, and covering the performing arts scene in KC this summer: I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much for the nomination, K. E. Page at kepagewriter.com! It is so wonderful and reassuring to know that there are people out there who enjoy hanging out at my little slice of the internet. 😀
The award’s rules:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Post a link back to your nominator as a “thank you” for the nomination.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
My nominations, in no particular order:
- Sarah Says Read
- The Relentless Reader
- Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity
- Love at First Book
- Fourth Street Review
- Words for Worms
- Between the Covers
- Teresa’s Reading Corner
- River City Reading
- Roof Beam Reader
- The Misfortune of Knowing
- Lost Generation Reader
- Book’d Out
- Word Hits
- (bonus!) The Book Wheel
Lastly, my seven things about myself:
- I am a classical double bass player and principal bass for three community orchestras in the Kansas City metro. Can’t wait for the new season to start in a few weeks!!
- I have my bachelor and master’s degrees in music composition. Met my husband (a much better composer!) in our graduate program, when we were both assigned as directors of the new music ensemble.
- I have a fascination with Mafia culture. In fact I think I’m due to start another watch-through of The Sopranos soon (and I basically lose my mind when The Simpsons or Futurama do a Mafia-themed episode. Fat Tony!? The Don Bot!? FAVORITE EPISODES.)
- I love my Green Bay Packers, and my family has season tickets! I always get dibs the “Cold Game,” which is basically the closest game to Christmas Day. Brrr!
- I’m a writer and editor for KCMetropolis.org, reviewing classical, jazz, new music, world, and a little musical theater for the online arts journal. Just hit my 100th article this summer!
- Every time I go on a road trip to visit Wisconsin, I bring back a case of my favorite Wisconsin beers, cheese curds, and other goodies you can’t get here in KC.
- As for reading, I’m ambitious… I currently have 50 books on my bookshelves waiting, sitting unread, 10 ebooks on my iPad unread right now, and four audiobooks borrowed from the library on my iPod. EEK! I better get back in that good reading groove I had going before all this moving nonsense this summer.
Thanks again for the nomination; I’ll keep on keepin’ on here at mylittleheartmelodies.com! 🙂